Sunday, March 31, 2019

Week 10

This week was important for us to start bringing things together for our project. My job was to collect all audio for the game. As this is a game that is aimed for age four to eight year olds, we are aware that they will not all be able to read yet, so they will be unable to read the instructions, therefore will really struggle with the game play.

To help this problem we have decided to create audio for the instructions also, I worked alongside Marcin this week, as he was in charge of the dialogue for the game. After his research he constructed dialogue for our game Tiny Farm, he then sent this script to be and I recorded it.
Script for Tiny Farm

I used a H1 Zoom to record the audio for our game. I used a mans voice for the recordings so they would fit in the the famers voice. I got him to use an encouraging voice to help encourage the children through the game, even when they fail to complete the level.

These will be put into the game at a later stage.

H1 Zoom recorder

Recordings

3 comments:

  1. Hi Eva. I really like your group's project idea, its nice that you are doing something for the kids. Sounds like you got a fun role for your project. We been in the group for the web, so I know you will do a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eva long time no see, you did a great job with getting the audio recordings and sound effects for our game. You did good getting that poor man to encourage and motivate the kids as an animated farmer so good job! You did a lot of research for the sound effects too especially for the animals making sure to get the right quack noise and such. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eva. I like how you show the whole process of audio and dialogue, it's all very detailed. It's smart to use that instead of just displaying dialogue. I saw how much progress your team did and it's kinda stressing me out but it looks great so far! Anyways good luck with your game.

    ReplyDelete